Increase your returns with CDs
By putting your funds into a Certified Deposit (CD) account, you are offered improved interest yields when meeting an extended term requirements. At Republic Banking Company we offer a variety of CDs to help you meet your financial goals.
Republic Banking Company CDs
Republic Banking Company offers CDs that range in terms from 3 months to 60 months (5 years). CDs offer a higher interest yield than a traditional savings account, but it does limit your access to the funds until the renewal period.
Key Features of CDs
- Interest is compounded, and may be applied directly to the CD or deposited into another account with Republic Banking Company.
- Minimum deposit of $500.00 to open the account.
- Interest penalties occur if the account is closed prior to maturity.
- Upon maturity, if funds are not withdrawn in the 10-day renewal period; the account will automatically renew at current market rate for the same term duration.
- Stable market value
- FDIC Insured
Are CDs right for you?
CDs may be a way for you to grow your portfolio, with little or no risk as they are FDIC Insured, and have a stable market value.
You may consider a CD if:
- You are saving for a short-term goal such as buying a house in the next 2-5 years.
- You want a low-risk place to keep your funds you don't plan to use right-away.
- You Like the safety of knowing your investment is insured, and doesn't carry the risk of losing value based on market fluctuation.
- You are looking for a higher interest yield than you normally receive in interest bearing checking or traditional savings accounts.