While the building, services, and faces may change, one thing remains the same; The Republic Banking Company will strive to best serve its customers as a locally owned and operated financial institution.
The Republic Banking Company has served the local community since its incorporation in 1906. Since its inception the Bank has been owned by a group of shareholders made up of mostly local individuals. In addition to local owners, the Bank has generally been staffed by members of Republic and the surrounding area. Being locally owned and operated has allowed The Republic Banking Company to meet the needs of our customers and the community.
Since 1906, Republic Banking Company has been located at the corner of Washington and North streets in Republic, Ohio. While the original vault and main lobby are still in the same place, the rest of the building is vastly different from the original. The Bank was relatively unchanged until the 1970s when the adjacent property was added on to house the conference room, offices, and the drive-up teller.
In 2005, the Bank underwent its biggest transformation. The old brick exterior was updated and the interior was expanded to include new offices, conference rooms, and a kitchen area. Also, the old drive-up teller area was replaced with a vacuum tube system. Renovations were completed in time to celebrate the Bank's 100thanniversary with an open house to show the community all of the updates. Since 1906, the Bank has done its best to change with the times and better serve the customers that have grown with it.