Broaden your portfolio with CDs
Our extensive online selection of fixed income investments can help you find certificates of deposit (CDs) that meet your financial objectives.
Republic Banking Company CD's
CDs are deposit obligations issued by commercial banks to raise funds for their business activities. Investors lock in the market interest rate at the time of purchase, and the rate is usually fixed for the term of the CD. The Republic Banking Company imposes a $500 minimum for CDs.
- Can only be held by the issuing bank.
- Interest is compounded.
- Interest penalties if redeemed prior to maturity.
- May "roll over" into another CD at maturity.
- Stable market value.
Are CDs right for you?
You may want to consider investing in CDs if:
- You're saving for a short-term goal, such as buying a house, in the next 2 to 5 years.
- You want a low-risk place to park cash you don't plan to use right away.
- You like the safety of knowing your investment is insured by the federal government.
- You're looking for higher yields than you'd get with bank accounts and money market funds.